In-person events came to a screeching halt in 2020 due to COVID-19. So many business owners and their clients had to refocus and pivot their events from in-person to online. And guess what? LIVE online events have THRIVED this year!
What if you could reach more people with your online event?
Hosting a live online event is one of the best ways to connect with your ideal clients, network, and bring in more business! The major benefits of hosting live online events is that it connects you with more people and creates more visibility.
On the Fab Fempreneur Podcast Show, I (Sara) sat down with event strategist Angela Quisumbing of Angela Grace Events to discuss why you should consider integrating live events into your business model. Angela guides business owners and entrepreneurs to create and plan memorable events for their business. She is the Fab Fempreneur Fest Event Planner and has helped take Fab Fempreneur Fest 2021 from a beloved in-person event to a fresh and unique LIVE online event. Below are a few key tips that I have found especially pivotal to our events at Fab Fempreneurs in 2020 and beyond.
Here are 3 tips to bring your online event to life!
1. Leverage collaboration over competition
Have co-hosts at your event! Collaborate with other businesses in your tribe to become a speaker or sponsor at the event. Having more people on your event team will help drive more attendees and more people to promote the event. This is a great way for new people to discover who you are and vice versa for your event sponsor or speaker.
2. Avoid common mistakes
- Waiting to start promoting. Start advertising your event early! It’s easy to get caught up in all the details and not give yourself enough time to promote. For multi day events, you should promote 6 months to a year out. Create your marketing plan and invite, invite, invite!
- Having only ONE registration deadline just before the event. Get people to register early. Offer special incentives for early registration.
- Trying to do it alone. Be creative with including people to get involved in your event to help with budget i.e. recruit volunteers to assist.
- Hosting a multi-day event as your very first event ever. If you haven’t yet launched your BIG event, you can start small by hosting a workshop or webinar. Don’t wait to put yourself out there until the large in-person event. You’ll learn so much you can use when you get started on your LIVE online event, no matter the size!
3. Know the desired outcomes for your attendees and YOUR business
Ask the right questions to set up the event for success like, “what role is this going to play in my business?”, and “what outcome am I looking for?”
Be clear on your vision for your event including who the event is for, WHY they need the content/experience, and the benefits for attendees. Consider how your event is different and how you will provide a unique experience.
What do you think? Have you launched or hosted a LIVE online event recently?
Hosting a LIVE online event is the new way to reach more people, educate your audience, and generate more business. Set yourself up for a successful event by following these fabulous tips above! Oh, and have fun planning! When you’re clear on your intentions for the event (your vision!) it will guide you in the planning process, and make decision-making easier and the entire event much more meaningful.
You can watch my full conversation with Angela on the podcast interview here!
See you soon!
Have you connected with us in our community or at one of our events?
- Join our supportive Facebook community here where we share tips, offer support and feedback, and join our weekly Tuesday Topics LIVE to get coaching on important business topics.
- Stake your claim on 2021 and register for Fab Fempreneur Fest 2021, January 29th and 30th, 2021! Fab Fempreneur Fest is a 2 day virtual conference-meets-retreat for women entrepreneurs to connect with growth-minded women and get time to really work on their business. The Fest team is creatively translating our in-person event to a fabulous virtual experience! All the same powerful guidance, content, speakers, networking time, and creative exercises brought together! Find out more about Fest and get your ticket here.