Hello! I am the owner of Fab Fempreneurs and business coach for female entrepreneurs.
I was inspired to help female entrepreneurs in large part due to my own experience starting my business, Launch Your Life, back in 2008 when I left my corporate job. I had a big passion for helping other women truly feel alive and fulfilled in life and wanted to share with them how I was able to do that and that they could too—and how. I started coaching clients and helping them launch their lives too!
Over a couple of years I realized that the majority of my clients were female entrepreneurs, and as a result I began creating tools and content that addressed their unique needs, challenges and desires. They wanted what I did- to create a business they loved that allowed them to help others, feel successful and accomplished, feel fulfilled, and have the freedom to choose how they spent their time. So, I believe female entrepreneurs came to me, and being one myself I have a passion and understanding for being both female and an entrepreneur! Both are a fabulous adventure.
The biggest lesson I have ever learned…
One of the biggest lessons I have ever learned was that sometimes the best thing or opportunity for you is often the scariest thing. I remember when I knew it was time to give my notice at my job and how incredibly scary that was- that even though I had done a lot of work to establish a foundation for my business, had a handful of steady clients, and saved a small sum of transition money, I was freaked out! It was just as much the opinion of others as it was the feeling of losing a sense of security (steady paycheck and benefits) that fed that fear, but I pushed through it because I was crystal clear that it was the right direction for me. So, just because something is incredibly scary doesn’t mean it’s the wrong choice. It often means it’s exactly what you need to grow, get to the next step, and make your biggest difference.
My biggest piece of advice to fempreneurs is…
Accept that you already have exactly what you need to be successful (whatever success means to you). You are not lacking anything. All you need to do is own that, develop it, and make it happen. I would like to support you to do that.
Something I learned from my mentors and coaches is…
One of the many things that my mentors and coaches imparted to me has been that I must continuously push myself to grow, learn and explore, and that often it’s my clients who inspire me or challenge me to do that!
My favorite quote is…(as if I could just pick one)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously
give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.
– “A Return to Love”, Marianne Williamson
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” – Amelia Earhart
A little 411 about me:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Psychology; Master’s degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology
- Years in business: Since February 7, 2008
- What I did before starting Fab Fempreneurs: My job during college was tutoring & mentoring at-risk teens in preparation for college. My first real j-o-b was conducting life skill workshops for women recovering from drugs/alcohol. My career after getting my master’s degree included provided coaching, consulting and training for corporate and nonprofit management leaders and teams that centered on process improvement and leadership and organizational development. I started my first business, Launch Your Life in 2008 providing personal and life coaching services, workshops, and published a Life Plan Workbook for women.
- Awards: November 2011 recipient of the Amber Grant for promising female entrepreneurs; Final nominee for the Women of Influence Award for Women’s Advocate of the Year- 2015 & 2017.
- Pets: I’m in love with my gorgeous 3-legged boxer, Stella.
- Random: I nerd out on quizzes and assessments.
- Favorite TV Series: I’m obsessed with the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
I’ve been there…
I understand exactly what it’s like to leave the facade of a secure job and paycheck to really live the life I want to build a business that makes a difference. My passion is supporting and guiding YOU to grow your business in a way that allows you to fully experience the life you want and feel the freedom and fulfillment of doing the work you love.
Passion isn’t enough though- growing your business requires focus, clarity and consistent action toward meaningful goals. I’d love to support you to do that. If you’re newer in your business and want to get momentum going OR established and want to take your business to the next level, I invite you to become a Fab Fempreneurs Member to get connected and focused so you can reach your goals and feel more fulfilled, financially successful and enjoy more of that freedom you crave as an entrepreneur.
Stay connected with me and get my free tips, strategies, and event announcements HERE.